16.3.07

Alone


When do you think,you become more creative, when you go out to photograph alone, with few friends or with groups? I prefer the first 2, alone you become clear minded, it's only you and your camera (well, and all the other people who are staring too) when you are with few friends, it becomes more challenging (In a good ay) when they choose an angle, you don't go there and take a shot of the same, but you go and search for a different one, that way you make your mind work over time ;) and it's funnier, much more interesting, plus if you were with the "right" people you could exchange informations and techniques. Now say you go out with groups 10+, man that is a mess, you wont take your time at a cretin spot they will ether want to take shots of that same spot or they got sick of the place and they don't want to wait for your creativity, and I don't blame them, oh! did I mention that in every photo you'll take you'll find the face of one of the guys from the group in it? even in Macro!

Summery, The best way I tried it to go out with friend not more than 3 in total, and you all have to be at the same level of standard, if that was not handy then go out alone and forget about groups cos they are a wast of time.

6 comments:

Seema* said...

تمنياتنا لك بمزيد من الإبداع و الأبتكار : )

Kuw_Son said...

I'm totally with u .. nothing will be creative if you hang out with more than even 6 photographers !!

last time , when we "KSC" went to Sabah Al-Ahmad Natural Reserve .. it was a miss, nothing but a miss !!
neglecting all that miss , I think it is a picnic !! wanasa w farfesha ..

the only worthy shots i had, macro shots .. the insects and some flowers .. with some manmade views .. i mean power towers " see my flickr photostream " ..

I prefer going out alone with a friend who doesn't know anything about photography .. just want him to talk with me and spent time together :)

Anonymous said...

Every situation has its negatives and positives.

When you are with a group then it's a good chance to meet new friends. With groups sometimes you can get access to places you can't get to personally because you would need a permit or something. And yes, it is a mess!

When you are with a friend or few good friends you feel more secure because you would know that you have someone to watch your back incase things go wrong :)

For me, when I go to photograph alone then it's more about relaxing than about shooting pictures :)

::heba:: said...

انا اتفق معاك اخوي
بالضبط احس التصوير بروحي
افضل بكثير بالنسبه لي ...ونا ما انكر ان طلعه القروب تكسبك خبره
لكن تصوير لوحدي بالنسبه لي متعه بحد ذاتها ..

:)

Parallax1 said...

kwchie-chan, Thanks a lot.

Kuw son, even that worthy shot if you look closely you'll see some one's finger ;)

moayad, I agree with you, there are other benefits, but photo wise, you'll not get much out of a group trip.

Heba, yes sis, you are 100% correct.

Engineeroo said...

you are right... I did go out with 7+ group for two or three times... telling the truth, I didn't like it much.... really I like to go alone and shoot my pictures... or as you said.. two or three people will be great.... the same standard... yes becuase you don't want someone to goof around you and try to shoot the same angle...( I hate that)...