
Andrew Macpherson is a professional photographer, he has been photographing for 10 years now, very well known man, from a fashion photography to celebrity portraits, some of his client are Britney Spears, Charlize Theron, U2 and many many more, he's lates book is called "Two Million Miles" which you fide all these celebrities in it in a way you have not seen before, for portraits freaks this book is a must, any way I have read an article about Macpherson in a photography magazine and I was amazed how professionals work, I'll summarize the quotes that shocked me which I think it will have quiet an impact on you too:
When he was asked about digital cameras he said " It sees in the dark, which to me is magic. I love low light photography and struggeled with it for years on film. Digital has opened that world up for me"
A lot of people love the camera brand they use, and they keep using the same brand over and over again, I kept asking this question to so many people, Why do you love this brand? and no one gave me a satisfying answer, when they asked Macpherson he simply answered "It's just like writing with a pen you've written with for ten years"
I thought I do lots of photography, well this guy really does read what he said "You have to put everything onto hard drives, for digital archiving and I'm generating about 14 terabytes a year" so if you think you have lots of photos, think again :)
If you are still lost in what format to take photos with see what Macpherson have to say about it. Images are shot in JPEG + Raw: JPEG to provide a rough sketches for his retouchers to show how he want the image to look. they will then go on to provide the final polish, working the RAW file. "I'll smudge it, and then they'll perfect it," Macpherson Smiles.
To Read more about Macpherson, cheack out "Digital SLR User" magazine, February 2007 Issue No.4
wish you all the best.
7 comments:
Hmmm. Have'nt heard of this guy. Should be interesting to read his book.
The reason he generates so much data is probably because he shoots using digital backs, which easily generate images that are over 100MB per picture.
A 1 GB card would store only 10 pictures at this resolution.
enShallah I will buy that book.... I trust your opinion and appreciate your knowlage. 3ad sib7an Allah,, moayad and I were talking about what is the best format and he said ..." JPG+RAW" is good but not for your humble hard drives... =)
Thanks for sharing this book with us brother :)
Cajie, I don't think so, he photograph using RAW and JPEG, Thanks for comming by :)
athoob, Thanks sis, I hope you like the book, and yes I think Both format is the best way if you have enough memory cards with you plus enough HD.
I thought I was taking alot of photos :P
14 TB !!! woooooooooow !?
inshalla I will check it out :)
I thought so too, enjoy the book.
thanks for the great information.... it will be interesting to read the article and the book too...
Kw son, if you think you don't take lot of pictures.. what should I say??? avg per week is 7 pics... loool
I guess I need more off date to take lots of pictures... :)
Engeneeroo, any time my friend.
Post a Comment