
Long time before digital photography was introduced people used film cameras, some still do, we all need that once you hit the shutter button with these kind of cameras, thats it, what you had in your view finder will be printed, for ever, you have no influence over it, so you had to be real good to take a great shot, you had to be at the right pace at the right time, every single time, and that takes a lot of time and effort.
Now we are in the new age, we use digital photography and photoshop, they are great, they help a lot, you can take a photo mid afternoon and make it look like you woke up very early in the morning and took it during sun rise, that saves time, you can remove unwanted subjects from the photo instead of going into very danger's spots to take the same shot.
Old school guys refuse new age technology, they say It's not "real" photography, WHAT!, the problem here is the human nature, change is very difficult for us, human, and any new idea will get rejection instantly, there were the excuses come from, they don't realize that you need to learn the whole concept of photography, the same way they did, plus photoshop or any other photo editing software (for real old schoolers they need to learn first how turn the computer on) or they actually do realize that but don't wont to, so they make these things up.
I guess this matter will always exist until all these people distinguish, ya I know it's bad but that's only a thought.
5 comments:
Nice subject bro, at first I thought the same but after hearing a nice analogy by a friend of mine I totally changed my radical point of view. Basically Photoshop today is doing the same job darkrooms were doing. actually digital photography might be even harder than the conventional method if you take in account the fact that new age cameras are more sensitive to shocks and the fact that every digital camera has a error in et for example if you set two cameras to capture the same thing in the same light the same time the same sitting you will end up with slightly variant shoots because of that error!!
P.S: I think you missed a G in the title!!!!
Yours
Scale 1:100
Thank you my friend spot on.
Hey,
I couldn't find any convenient way of contacting you by email, so I'll just put this here.
I am asking for your permission to use a couple of your beautiful photos from Kuwait for a project I am working on for Nokia. Basically they would be used internally, and not in marketing.
If you could email me at niilo@fjord.fi about the subject.
Thanks in advance
/Niilo
to be honest, you have a great style/talent.. and i enjoyed with your works.
i know what old school guys mean.. they mean: you "photoshop users" can't photograph without using effects.. but they "oldschooler" can do it without any help from softwares.
i love technology but i agree with them because photographing is not about digital effects, it's about sense.
that's it :)
Post a Comment